Alexa Lee

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

I Really Lived

So i found this, and i just love it. i think this is how i want to be to.
Its by Sister Marjorie Pay Hinkley

"I dont want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.

I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.

I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn.

I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sanwiches for a sick neighbors children.

I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden.

I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.

I want the Lord to knkow I was really here and that I really lived."

4 comments:

The Blohms said...

I love this. She is the cutest little old lady. Our kids are pretty cute!

Shannon said...

I've never heard that before, but I love it! What wonderful thoughts!

Fowkes said...

That is definitely the best way to live!! I love that!! We are moving to Aggie Village but we'll have to stay in touch with the blogs!!

Day Family Blog said...

Hey I just found your blog! That is are really great quote, got me teary eyed.